Thursday, 19 April 2007

The perks of living alone - something to smile about

Living alone gets lonely and stuff. Eating dinner by myself. Lauging by myself. Yada yada yada. On the brighter side, there are some perks on living alone...

1. FREEDOM - to do what I want and when I want to do it. I can get up, cook, wash the dishes, do the laundry, clean my flat, go out, etc. etc. anytime I want to.

2. Less mess to clean up.

Back when I was living with my parents and sisters, we all have our share of duties when it comes to cleaning the house. Unfortunately, my sisters are not as cleanly as me Smileys

I especially hated cleaning the kitchen after my mom cooked coz it looked like a hurricane has hit the kitchen. Plus she uses too many pots and pans and I don't like washing big stuff.

I also lived with Darwin and his friends. But they are boys. And boys are dirty Smileys

Besides, I'm only 1 person. How much mess can I make?

3. No pointing fingers on who's turn it is to wash the dishes, put out the laundry, clean the bathroom, etc. etc.

4. CLEAN bathroom and toilet. My sisters don't really like cleaning the bathroom so I end up doing it. I don't really consider it cleaning the bathroom when you leave the dirty rags behind the toilet and don't take out the trash. When you just put some toilet duck in the toilet bowl, that's not cleaning at all. Don't even get me started when I was living with boys.

5. No bickering. No shouting. No fighting. AHHHHH peace and quiet at last!!!

6. Lots of ME time. Pamper myself without anyone disturbing. Put some face mask, play some relaxing music, grab a magazine and lie down. Hehehe...

7. There is only ONE rule and that is MY rule!!

8. Answering to no one. Parents tend to be stricter to their female daughters. I.e. "Who are you with? What time are you going home? How are you going home?" Same thing applies when you live with your partner/husband. You have to answer to him. So I think every girl should try living alone for awhile and experience FREEDOM before settling down.Smileys

9. I can arrange things in the order that I want to. I'm a bit OC you know..

10. I can walk, sing, dance around *****. It's quite liberating actually.Smileys

I thought I wouldn't come up with a long list but there it is.

How much mess can I make? Smileys


But on most days, it's like this Smileys

4 comments:

fuseman said...

hmmm... parang may nakikita ako sa may ilalim ng kama... hahahhahaha

JENNY said...

wala kang nakikita :p

jasmine said...

hahaha dadating na si darwin!

fuseman said...

gugulo na uli! hahahha